Lampard hails new Chelsea boss Mourinho: I'm very fortunate to have worked under him




Lampard hails new Chelsea boss Mourinho: I'm very fortunate to have worked under him

Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard has hailed the impact Jose Mourinho has made on his career.

Mourinho was unveiled for a second spell at Stamford Bridge earlier in June and returns to the side where he won six trophies, including two Premier League titles, between 2004 and 2007.

Lampard believes that working under Mourinho helped his game develop and has praised the team harmony the 50-year-old is capable of creating at the club.

"He's a great manager, I've said it a million times to the point of boring people, but I'm very fortunate to have worked under him before," Lampard told the club's official website. "He took my game on a million miles. A lot of the reasons I moved on in the game are because of him.

"He creates a spirit in his squads that you can see from the outside is very, very strong. He's a top-class manager, we all know that."

Lampard penned a one-year contract extension following Chelsea's Europa League triumph in May, and has now set his sights on representing England at the 2014 World Cup.

"It is a big year," Lampard continued. "I would love to stay involved with England until the World Cup. I need to be playing regularly and well to do that, and we have a big squad.

"Now I've signed the extra year though it's up to me to come back in preseason and onwards and show I can do that. Then we'll see what happens with England but if I am playing well I like to think I will have a chance."

No comments:

Post a Comment