WD launches new cloud-based My Cloud drive




WD launches new cloud-based My Cloud drive

WD has entered the cloud storage arena with its new product, My Cloud. According to the company, My Cloud can offer a complete solution for users’ cloud storage needs, with the ability to access and modify files from anywhere in the world, as long as they are connected to the Internet. My Cloud is a cross-platform service and runs with PC, Mac as well as tablets and smartphones through apps. Files can be shared and media can be streamed. WD’s software auto-detects drives to make the setup process easier. Once the My Cloud drive is set up, users can connect to it using free desktop and mobile apps. The My Cloud drive has a gigabit Ethernet connection and dual-core processor, making transferring files reasonably fast.Users can also use their My Cloud to back up their computers and digital files. For PC users, the WD SmartWare Pro software offers options for how, when and where to back up files. Mac users can utilise all the features of Apple Time Machine backup software to protect their data.


The My Cloud is WD's entrant into the cloud storage game

The My Cloud is WD's entrant into the cloud storage game



My Cloud is available in 2 TB, 3 TB and 4 TB capacities. Users can also attach a compatible USB 3.0 hard drive directly to the USB expansion port on the My Cloud drive and expand their storage capacity. My Cloud can also serve as one’s digital entertainment hub, storing terabytes of movies and music that can then be streamed to any DLNA-certified device such as smart TVs and gaming consoles.The new WD My Cloud mobile app for iOS and Android devices allows users to view photos, stream video and access their files from their smartphones or tablets. The mobile app allows users to email files, share files as a link, and print and open files with third party apps. The My Cloud mobile app also integrates major public cloud services so that users can easily transfer files between their Dropbox, SkyDrive and Google Drive accounts.The 2 TB and 3 TB My Cloud is currently available online for $149.99 (Rs 9,290 approx) and $179.99 (Rs 11,150 approx) respectively. The 4 TB My Cloud is expected to be available in November for $249.99 (Rs 15,490 approx). The My Cloud mobile app currently is available for download from the Apple App Store and Google Play.



ReadMore:Android Games

No comments:

Post a Comment